SportsPredict Home Jump to the Soccer Portal Jump to the Rugby Portal Jump to the Cricket Portal Jump to the Formula 1 Portal Jump to the Tennis Portal Jump to the Golf Portal Play Predict Jump to the Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:40 am

Lucky Laggy's Blog 

Post Lucky Laggy's Blog
Hi All,
Right here we go! SportsPredict is up and running and what a week to start off with. With the start of the Six Nations only days away and Super 14's set to start in a little over a week, it's all go in the world of Rugby.

Lucky Laggy's Blog is where I will have a long look at the week aheads fixtures and give you my thoughts on who is going to thrash the opposition, who will struggle and who will cause a huge upset.

Just to let you know my knowledge on Super 14's is not to strong but hey... Luck of The Irish!

Right... with the start of the 6 Nations only days away, I thought I'd better put in my say before anyone makes any outrageous predictions!

The opening games are always the hardest to predict as you never know who's gonna come out fighting and who will struggle, especially when it comes to England. With some truely woeful displays by England in the autumn they seem set for another below-average tournament.
However, Walse will struggle with both suspentions and injuries to some very crucial players. Nevertheless I still predict Walse to beat England it what will surely be a very close game.

France's game against Scotland will all depend on which teams actually turn up. France dominated the world champion Springboks in Paris before being thoroughly embarrassed by a rampant All Blacks side. As ever, inconsistency could be their downfall.
Scotland's win against Australia was a colossal effort and an incredible defensive achievement. However, very average performances against both Argentina and Fiji should be noted as a reminder that Scotland have a lot of ground to catch up to trouble the top Nations. As long as France turn up in the right frame of mind, they should easily win.

(Without being too biased) Italy's game against Ireland should be a walk in the park for Ireland. The current 6 Nations champions ended 2009 unbeaten having conquered all in becoming Grandslam champions and then matching, and beating, the Southern Hemisphere sides during the Autumn Internationals.
You can always depend on the Italians passionate gritty performances, however they are always lacking that consistant cutting edge to threaten organised defences. And the loss of their influential, world-class captain Sergio Parisse to injury is a hammer blow, that should surely see Ireland come out victorious.

Hope this helps... now get predicting!

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Post Re: Lucky Laggy's Blog
Get rid of that irfu badge laggy- you`ve never laid a tarmac drive in ur life

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:56 am