SportsPredict Home Jump to the Soccer Portal Jump to the Rugby Portal Jump to the Cricket Portal Jump to the Formula 1 Portal Jump to the Tennis Portal Jump to the Golf Portal Play Predict Jump to the Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 am

Bahrain Week 1 

Where should Vettel holiday this year?
Camping in Newport 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Butlins, Minehead 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Centre Parcs 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Wine tasting weekend in Lithuania 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Bahrain Week 1 

Post Bahrain Week 1
Only a few days until the red lights go out on the first race of the 2010 Formula 1 season. What are the hot topics of conversation in the pit lane as I write my first blog? Is it the new rule changes that will mean all drivers will have to complete the race without refuelling (Article 29 for the spotters). No. Is it the return of everybodys favourite German (what do you mean you don't have one) at the grand old age of 41. No. Will Hamilton be wishing for the return of Alonso as his team mate after Jenson gives his missus a damn good rogering behind the Force India motor home. No. Here at Sportspredict we need to know where Sebastian Vettel intends to holiday this year after shock revalations that in the off season break he took a well earned rest in a caravan in sunny Finland. Monaco was fully booked. Have your say in our latest poll.

As for the serious business of racing motor cars the new season seems to be pretty wide open at this stage. Three new teams will take to the grid this weekend ( the US based team have failed to make it due to funding issues) but are unlikely to to trouble the usual F1 hierarchy. We can expect the usual suspects to be battling it out for the big points week in week out, but until we see the cars actually racing in anger it's hard to tell. The fact that the cars will no longer be able to refuel at pitstops will have a huge bearing on their design and therefore a massive impact on overall race speed and handling. Who will have got it right?

The first week will be a bit of a lottery, but as the season progresses I think we will see clear championship contenders appear. In 2010 Ultra will stick his neck out and say it will be a close call between Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Lewis will be highly motivated to get the number 1 back on the front of his car after the appalling start to last year which left him finishing the season on a paltry 49 points. McLaren will give him the car and the advantage over team mate and current world champion Jenson Button. I feel now Jenson has that title under his belt he will find it just a little harder to motivate and push himself as far as the much younger and more gifted Hamilton.

Sebastian Vettel will hope to improve on a fantastic 2009 where he managed an amazing thirteen top six finishes, ten podiums and four race wins. And what about the other German? No, I do not speak of the inconsistent Adrian Sutil but the legendary Michael Schumacher. It was such a dissapointment last year when he could not return to replace the injured Massa. I really hope he can find his best form in 2010 and show the young pretenders to his throne exactly how a Formula 1 car should be driven. If we do get the Schumy of old then it could be the most exciting season for years.

Bring it on and get predicting.

Ultra

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Bahrain Week 1
Butlins, is there not a great Go-Kart track close by, he can have a few jars and steal a kart.

They will know its him when they find it in the hotel on a sunbed by the pool.

The Woking Team, Strong This Year I Feel.

www.Sports-Predict.com
Site Administrator

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:45 pm

I know he probably won't... but it would be amazing if Schumacher won this year!
Or in fact if he just wins a single race.... that would make my year! :D

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 am
Site Admin

He probably has more chance of winning a race than you do of getting some good predictions in the IPL.

www.Sports-Predict.com
Site Administrator

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 am

Er... sorry.... who's top of the IPL?

1 0 Laggy 1 0 0 1 0 95 -95 0
2 -1 barky 1 0 0 1 0 101 -101 0
3 -2 ultraviolator 1 0 0 1 0 109 -109 0

Oh yes... that'll be Laggy ;)

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:55 pm
Site Admin

LOL with zero Points at that time...

www.Sports-Predict.com
Site Administrator

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:16 am

Hahaaa.... Classic :lol:

As for the F1, I'll make sure to read Ultra's blog before i predict next week what with Ultra's lucky 5 wins

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:00 am